RT-130 Fire Refresher Training Course
2020 RT-130 Training Schedule
3/31/2020 Update: All RT-130 training dates have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The USFS has updated their requirements to reflect the current situation and have extended the expiration dates of 2019 credentials. Click here for additional details
All Wildland fire fighters must meet minimum levels of fitness requirements from the US Forest Service for the type of duties they are assigned.
- Arduous/Pack Test – 3-mile hike with 45 pound pack in 45 minutes
- Moderate/Field Test – 2-mile hike with 25 pound pack in 30 minutes
- Light/Walk Test – 1 mile hike in 16 minutes
Arduous: involves field work calling for above average endurance and superior conditioning. All firefighters are required to perform arduous duty including Professional Fallers.
Moderate: involves file work requiring completed control of physical faculties and may include considerable walking, standing and lifting 25-30 pounds.
Light: involves mainly office type work with occasional field activities. Dozer, excavator and support water tender operators must pass the walk test.
Taking the Fitness test:
- Testing will be monitored and any problems should be brought to the attention of the test monitors
- No jogging or running is permitted
- Test is Pass / Fail only
- Bring your own pack
- Packs will be weighed
- Participants must review the Health Screening Questionnaire and follow up with their medical provider if necessary prior to completing the fitness test. (View the Questionnaire here: https://northwestmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/HSQ_5100_31_v2013.pdf)
For more information or to register for a class, email email@example.com and state your name, address and date you would like to attend.
Pre-registration online by 3pm the day prior to course $60.00
Registration at the door (cash or check) $75.00