RT-130 Fire Refresher Training Course
2020 RT-130 Training Schedule
March 10th, 9:00 am, Grangeville, Idaho
March 24th, 9:00 am, Grangeville, Idaho
March 31st, 9:00 am, Moscow, Idaho
April 8th, 9:00 am, Couer d’ Alene, Idaho
Start Time is 9:00 AM, End time is approximately 4:00 PM. Lunch is on your own at approximately 12:00 PM.
All Wildland fire fighters must meet minimum levels of fitness requirements from the US Forest Service for the type of duties they are assigned.
- Arduous/Pack Test – 3-mile hike with 45 pound pack in 45 minutes
- Moderate/Field Test – 2-mile hike with 25 pound pack in 30 minutes
- Light/Walk Test – 1 mile hike in 16 minutes
Arduous: involves field work calling for above average endurance and superior conditioning. All firefighters are required to perform arduous duty including Professional Fallers.
Moderate: involves file work requiring completed control of physical faculties and may include considerable walking, standing and lifting 25-30 pounds.
Light: involves mainly office type work with occasional field activities. Dozer, excavator and support water tender operators must pass the walk test.
Taking the Fitness test:
- Testing will be monitored and any problems should be brought to the attention of the test monitors
- No jogging or running is permitted
- Test is Pass / Fail only
- Bring your own pack
- Packs will be weighed
- Participants must review the Health Screening Questionnaire and follow up with their medical provider if necessary prior to completing the fitness test. (View the Questionnaire here: https://northwestmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/HSQ_5100_31_v2013.pdf)
For more information or to register for a class, email email@example.com and state your name, address and date you would like to attend.
Pre-registration online by 3pm the day prior to course $60.00
Registration at the door (cash or check) $75.00