RT-130 Fire Refresher Training Course
2019 RT-130 Training Schedule
TBD- Please check back in January for an updated RT 130 training schedule.
Start Time is 8:00 AM, End time is approximately 2:30 PM. Lunch is on your own at approximately 12:00 PM.
All Wildland fire fighters must meet minimum levels of fitness requirements from the US Forest Service for the type of duties they are assigned.
- Arduous/Pack Test – 3-mile hike with 45 pound pack in 45 minutes
- Moderate/Field Test – 2-mile hike with 25 pound pack in 30 minutes
- Light/Walk Test – 1 mile hike in 16 minutes
Arduous: involves field work calling for above average endurance and superior conditioning. All firefighters are required to perform arduous duty including Professional Fallers.
Moderate: involves file work requiring completed control of physical faculties and may include considerable walking, standing and lifting 25-30 pounds.
Light: involves mainly office type work with occasional field activities. Dozer, excavator and support water tender operators must pass the walk test.
Taking the Fitness test:
- Testing will be monitored and any problems should be brought to the attention of the test monitors
- No jogging or running is permitted
- Test is Pass / Fail only
- Bring your own pack
- Packs will be weighed
For more information or to register for a class, email email@example.com and state your name, address and date you would like to attend.
Pre-registration online by 3pm the day prior to course $55.00
Registration at the door (cash or check) $60.00