In cooperation with the Clearwater Resource Conservation & Development Council (RC&D), Idaho Department of Lands, and Panhandle Lakes RC&D, Northwest Management, Inc. (NMI) published the Community Forestry Assistant Newsletter, a monthly natural resource informational newsletter. NMI maintains certified arborists on staffto complement the goals of the community forestry program.
Northwest Management, Inc. (NMI) provides forestry assistance to all of the communities in the ten northern-most Idaho counties. In the past this program allowed NMI to work directly with area volunteer groups to promote and care for their urban and community forests and forest management programs. These services included:
- participating on numerous community tree committees,
- providing information on funding resources and educational opportunities,
- assisting in tree inventories and community forest management plans,
- coordinating educational workshops, and
- providing a public interface for questions and assistance regarding local forestry issues.
NMI also assists with the development of local grant projects that improve the functionality and aesthetic quality of a town’s urban forest.
Click on the links below to view past Community Forestry Assistant Newsletter articles.